Sunday, June 6, 2010

Looking forward to a beautiful tomorrow.

What a hell of a vacation we went on last week. It was so great to finally get away and enjoy some family time! This was the first time we have gone away-just the three of us- for a whole week. We didn't kill each other so I'd call it a success :) Our journey to the Poconos started just before noon on Sunday, we stopped once in DuBois, PA to go shopping at a small shopping center, spent WAY to much money on clothes for Steve and I but oh well! We got back on the road and finally made it to the resort late Sunday night. Monday morning we slept in (and thankfully so did Ishy) then we headed to New Jersey to get some Five Guys for lunch then do some more shopping before heading over to the city to stay the night at Steve's parents house. Tuesday we decided it would be a great day to head to the beach! Ish loves the water! Next we headed to our favorite pasta place in NYC for a delicious lunch! We kinda just chilled out for the rest of the day and then had a late dinner with Steve's old business partner, Waleed. Wednesday we had talked about going to Hershey Park but after we got online and found out how much it would cost we decided not to go. Instead we headed to some outlet stores. I found some really cute & cheap outfits for Ish at Carter's. We headed to Philedelphia next to eat some 'Famous Cheese Steaks'. First we went to Geno's Steaks which was pretty good but the cost was terrible. It cost $8.50 for one Cheese steak and it didn't even fill us up! So then we went across the street to Pat's Steaks (which we later found out was Philly's original Cheese Steak place) that was pretty good too! In both cases we spent way too much money on a little bit of food, but it was a great experience since we both had never had a REAL Philly CheeseSteak before. Thursday was probably our most relaxing day, we drove a short distance from our resort to the Delaware Water Gap, we laid out by the Delaware River, got some sun and let Ishy play in the water for a little bit. Friday afternoon we headed to the Catskills, Upstate NY. Steve's buddy, James, lives up there and he hasn't got to meet Ish yet so we wanted to get together. We had a really great time hanging out with the O'Connell family. We stayed the night at their place. The next morning we headed over to watch James's daughter, Aizlyn, play in her last softball game. Aizlyn caught 2 fly balls and got 3 outs playing at 3rd base. They awarded her with the "game ball" for all her hard work. It was also their first win all season! It was a lot of fun!! After the game we went out to lunch at a small restaurant right by the river. It was so beautiful to be next to the water and mountains, while enjoying a delightful meal with some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Aizlyn, Ish, and James Jr.

After our meal we headed back to the O'Connell's home to pack up our stuff and head back on the road, since its a 3 hour drive back to the resort!! At the resort the next morning we hurried up and packed all our stuff up and started our journey back home. Although it was a a week long trip, it felt much shorter. I wouldn't have minded going home to relax for a extra day or two before heading back to work, but I need the money. I spent a little too much money shopping, plus paying for a couple dinners and filling up the gas tank! Also a new discovery while on vacation: my son loves cheetos :)
♥The most incredible, amazing, beautiful boy in my world♥



Sunday right before we were heading out the door to leave back home we found out that NW Ohio had been severely hit by a bad tornado. I immediately called/texted family & friends to make sure they were okay. I was relieved to know that my family and friends were not victims of this terrible natural disaster. However I was terrified to hear about all the damage and death it had caused to the others that live in the Millbury/Lake Twnship area. It is definitely one of the scariest things that has happened to NW Ohio for a long time. I am the first to admit that I was never worried about a tornado coming and taking my home or the home of someone I know, but now my mind has definitely been changed. I will no longer turn a blind eye to the possibility of it happening to me or my loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. Glad he likes Cheetos, they are pretty amazing if I say so myself = )

    I agree with the thought of tornadoes never affecting us. But after seeing what it has done too all the people I know (I later learned that more people were affected that I knew than I thought), I will always take a tornado warning seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Followers