Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We live for tomorrow.

::5/12/10::
Why do vacations cause me to eat stupidly? I was doing so perfect on my diet until we went on our "Weekend Getaway". The first night, we ate at a China Buffet (mistake #1) then the next morning we went to a very nice diner for breakfast-- I was pretty smart and just split a plate of food with Steve, but their food was sooo good we went there again the next morning & I ate a plate full of food all to myself (mistake #2) and for dinner we went to a Steakhouse, I couldn't resist the 8 oz prime rib (mistake #3) or the sour cream dolloped on top of my butter filled baked potato!(mistake #4) Needless to say, I gained 4lbs on my lovely vacation. Oh well, I guess I need experiences like these to help me learn from my mistake for the future. We have another WEEK LONG vacation coming up at the end of May and I am determined to be smarter this time around. Of course I'm not depriving myself of all the good foods but I have to remember to have everything I want "in moderation".

We took Ish to the Columbus Zoo while on our "Getaway". I was a lot of fun, Steve and I had never been there before either so we enjoyed doing something new together-as a family :) The monkey exhibit was probably the most fun part of the entire experience. Then Steve & Ish took me out to Red Lobster for my 1st Mother's Day. I love my guys so much. And on our way home Sunday evening, Steve gave me a beautiful Mother's Day card, which I wasn't expecting at all. He never ceases to amaze me. I am so thankful to have found my true soulmate in life. He is everything I've ever dreamed of--funny, handsome, spontaneous, caring-you name it, hes got it. It makes me happy to know that Ish has a great role model father to look up to. Not a lot of people can say they have that.

I am hoping to go through all our stuff in our basement & garage so that we can have a Garage Sale at the end of this month. It will take a lot of time just to go through everything and figure out prices. We've decided that all the money raised is going in Ish's college savings account. Hopefully people will want all the stuff we dont. We'll see, it might be fun. All I know is I need room for my new treadmill in the basement (Yea, the treadmill I don't even have yet...but ONE DAY I WILL!)
::5/13/10::
Speaking of weight loss equipment, I've lost the 4lbs that I gained on vacation. I weighed in this morning and it felt so good to see those pounds gone. Now the goal is to keep them off and to keep shedding the weight. I dont want to jinx it but everything in my life seems to be heading in the right direction...and it feels great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers