Monday, May 2, 2011

Columbus Zoo!


We stopped at our favorite restaurant in Mount Vernon before we headed to Columbus.
Allison's Finer Diner!!
They have Strawberry Pancakes.


Ish says they are MMmmmMmmm GOOD!!!




Daddy stopped at McD's to get Ish a snack. Ish fell asleep (with a french fry in his hand) on our way to the Columbus Zoo!!







Zooming Around the Zoo!




Daddy pushing Ish in his buggy.


We were only there for 10 minutes and already Steve wants to take a nap!!







At the first exhibit::






POLAR BEARS!!






Mr. Bear catching some Z's, I could hear him snoring through the glass!






Ishy and Daddy getting a closer look.


An extra close view of the fish in this tank. Ish absolutely loves the fish!













A stop at the Playground area.





Wee!!! Down the slide we go!!















At the elephant exhibit, Ish had to nearly stand up to see the elephants walking around. I was surprised he enjoyed watching them so much.







Of course I tried to take a 'boys' photo together but Ish wouldn't cooperate.






But I did get two nice shots of them walking and holding hands together. As a parent, I was so proud that Ish insisted on holding hands for almost the entire trip (when he was outside of his 'buggy') He really is growing into such a 'big boy' :)









More sleeping animals. It must have been nap time at the Zoo!













Mommy and Ish standing near the waterfall. (I dont even look 7 months pregnant from the front)






A better shot of the 'guys'











Inside the Aquarium::





Ish was loving the 'Big' Fishes!






We probably could have spent all day inside there. Ish would laugh and giggle as the fish swam by him and he DEFINITELY wanted to touch them!

On the Carousel::











Everything started out alright...

And then fear set in....






Then came the screams and tears!!













But then Daddy saved the day! Our Hero!!


At the Kangaroo Exhibit::



















Kangaroos pretty much have full range on where they want to go. The only thing seperating you from them is a "fence" a stick attached to a thick wood poles. Its cool for the kids but as a parent I'm not too sure about how "safe" that could possibly be!

A big ole gorilla..












Ish leaning back in his buggy. We were nearing the end of the zoo and I think he could sense it was almost time to go.








BIG KUDOS to ANYONE who can identify what this animal is....






I thought it was some kinda Zebra but the proper name for this animal is Opaki. I'd never heard of it before but I found it quite interesting.






Flamingos:: Aren't they beautiful??












Time out for a 'Couple' Pictures







Needless to say, The Nagy Family has a great trip to the Columbus Zoo! Can't wait to do it again next year...WITH our little addition :)








Ishy on the ride back to the resort. I think the sun was in his eyes or maybe it was the flash causing him to squint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers